The North American Vice President of Sales (VP Sales, NA) is responsible for developing and maintaining a high-performing sales organization in North America. The VP Sales, NA is a key member of the Global Sales team, reporting directly to the EVP of Global Sales.
- Responsible for the sales function in our North American (Canadian/United States) region.
- Serve as a member of the Global Sales team, gain their confidence, and report directly to the EVP of Global Sales.
- Inspire, coach, motivate and develop the North American sales team to consistently meet their sales goals and enable the region and, more broadly, the organization to meet its growth goals.
- Become a trusted advisor and partner of the EVP of Global Sales in analysis of the business to identify and capitalize on opportunities in your region.
- Provide the EVP of Global Sales with consistent and comprehensive reporting and analysis of North American sales performance, forecasts and market trends.
- Monitor customer, market, partner and competitor activity within North America and provide feedback to the EVP of Global Sales and other departments in your region.
- Assess staff competencies and capabilities, addressing and upgrading, as required, to meet business requirements.
- Assist in the coordination of sales training programs that enable staff to achieve their potential and support company sales objectives.
- Work with the EVP of Global Sales to implement and maintain sales processes, practices and methodologies that drive the desired sales outcomes, supports our brand and maximizes the effectiveness of our selling teams.
- Ensure the North American sales team is closing business that meets or exceeds our gross margin targets to maintain and improve company profitability.
- Manage the sales pipeline of North American sales team with rigor and accuracy, including maintenance of monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts.
- Collaborate with Marketing to identify new qualified leads and increase the value of your region’s pipeline.
- Help sales leadership and North American sales team develop winning sales strategy.
- Establish and nurture relationships with decision makers at key accounts.
- Coordinate with sales team members to consult with potential customers to understand their needs; identify and suggest services that will meet those needs.
- Support proposal, presentation, and sales deliverable development including the review of service delivery approach, estimates, and pricing.
- Negotiate and close agreements with customers including final pricing, assumptions and contract terms.
- Work with the North American sales team, delivery and marketing to tailor offerings for each market we serve (industry and practice).
- Foster relationships between our selling team and those of our software and consulting partners in North America, in the industry we serve.
- Progressive career in sales including sales management experience with oversight and day-to-day management for sales teams.
- Successful track record of selling seven-figure advisory and technical professional services to Fortune 500 accounts.
- Proven history of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills are essential along with experience in collaborating with and presenting to senior management and executive leadership teams.
- Well-honed negotiation skills and strong business acumen required.
- An ethical and responsible business leader with a strong moral compass always operating with honesty and integrity.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills. Detail oriented, hands-on and analytical mindset – operates with a “must understand” mind-set.
- A change agent and self-starter motivated by a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable with and thrives in multi-tasking and managing numerous projects simultaneously, ability to set and work to deadlines. A “can do” and “do what it takes” attitude.
- Experience working within a dynamic entrepreneurial environment managing through changing trends and providing growth-oriented financial guidance.