If you are looking for an opportunity to work on development and design as well as lead and mentor a team while working in an agile environment, then this is for YOU!
Our ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree in software engineering or computer science, several years of experience with both hands-on development and leadership roles, and a strong business acumen and entrepreneurial spirit. In this role, you will oversee every aspect of the development process for a new product launch and subsequent releases, work collaboratively and communicate holistic solutions with leadership and technical teams, and evaluate team members’ work.
Team Leads devote approximately half their time to guiding and organizing an agile team while contributing to the development process according to their specific skill set. In this position, you will be ensuring that your team is motivated, focused, and delivering great software, working closely with your team members, theProduct Owner/Manager, and other key stakeholders. You will be the voice of the team communicating technical needs and changes, and you’ll be the right hand of the Development Manager for your team.
- Guiding stories through the development process by ensuring requirements are sufficiently elaborated, leading estimation, design and ensuring quality and completeness of deliveries;
- Providing guidance on release process, troubleshooting deployments, and triaging release-related issues;
- Ensuring testing, monitoring and tooling strategies are promoted in the team and in line with company best practices;
- Communicating relevant technical decisions and roadblocks to other development teams and stakeholders;
- Contributing to the improvement of the software development process, including tooling, agile ceremonies, and more;
- Mentoring and coaching other team members on a daily basis, participating in performance evaluations, and cultivating team spirit
- 5-10 years of proven professional experience in a software development environment, at least 3 of which were in an Agile/Scrum environment
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Team Lead position
- Strong collaborator and team player with the ability to bridge communication gaps that commonly occur between business and technical teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptionally well-organized, pragmatic, and transparent
- Creative problem solver
- Familiarity and implementation experience with OWASP top 10 and Security Programmer (CSSLP) certification considered an asset
- Full stack development experience
- Experience as a developer on C# and .NET 5
- Good working knowledge of cloud friendly stack
- Experience with MS SQL databases
- Experience working and deploying to web applications in Azure cloud
- Knowledge of enterprise data formats and integration patterns – REST, API Gateways
- Experience with SOAP and RESTful web services
- Experience or exposure working with BI tools such as MS Power BI or Tableau
- Experience with development tools including Git, Visual Studio etc.