The Payroll Benefit Specialist is responsible for the global payroll administration at Axsium.
The ideal candidate has expertise in administering, maintaining, and improving programs, policies, systems and processes for payroll, and benefits.
As a new role within Axsium Group, the Payroll Benefit Specialist will report to the Chief Financial Officer, and have accountability for the following key areas:
1. Payroll: performing payroll processing (full cycle) reconcile payroll, process timely year-end reporting (T4, W2, etc.) and optimizing procedures, payroll accounting, supporting automation initiatives
2. Benefits: administer benefit plans, review and open enrollment process and supporting benchmarking processes
3. Communication: providing guidance to employees and managers
Key Responsibilities and Expectations
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed reports
- Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits
- Oversee compliance with statutory reporting and filing requirements
- Compile data from payroll sources
- Prepare relevant weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports
- Oversee maintenance of employee data systems
- Ensure all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirement
- Support all internal and external audits related to payroll
- Interpret new legislation impacting payroll within all the countries in which Axsium has employees
- Communicates with the Human Resources Department to ensure the integrity of the payroll data including data related to new hires, terminations, transfers, and rate changes. Makes updates, as necessary.
- Manage tax and withholding records and deductions for all federal, state, local or other corporate taxes that affect payroll amounts.
- At least 5 years of Payroll end to end processing and related experience and related systems and automation in small to medium size company
- Solid knowledge in Group insurance plans and RRSP plans in Canada & USA
- Attention to detail and analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
- Adept at managing priorities, collaborating & working in teams
- Organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with processing payroll in Canada, US, UK, and Australia preferred
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Experience in payroll software (Dayforce), HRIS systems (Ceridian or ADP) and Microsoft Office Suite; additional system knowledge a plus
- Experience in other areas of Human Resources preferred
- Excellent communication skills