Enjoy a team that fosters a collaborative and flexible culture that care about your well-being and want to hear your ideas and make an impact! We seek a creative, curious and results driven Controller! The Global Corporate Controller is a newly created role!
Global Corporate Controller will be working closely with both the Chief Financial Officer and the Director of Finance. They will be responsible for preparation of monthly and quarterly financial statements for each individual entity in four countries (Canada, USA, UK, and Australia), as well as consolidated enterprise statements. They will also be responsible for internal controls, risk/fraud/security management, federal/state and other tax compliance and assist with multiple audits (financial, IC and SOC2). This role will manage the global banking needs, including covenant compliance, hedging and FX forecasting.
- Ensure documentation of financial processes and procedures are developed, maintained, and adhered to in all entities
- Partner with Accounting team to develop and adopt relevant accounting policies and technical accounting positions to support underlying transactions and new products and businesses, as required
- Drive accounting initiatives to leverage the ERP system and other software applications and tools to automate the close and related accounting processes
- Support annual audits, quarterly reviews, and interim testing
- Desire stronger processes to avoid mistakes, fraud, and security breaches
- Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
- Maximizes return and limits risk on cash by minimizing bank balances and making investments
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions
- Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential
- Evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting procedures and investment activities and make recommendations for changes to procedures, operating systems, budgets and other financial control functions to senior managers and other department or regional managers
- Establish profitability standards for investment activities and handle mergers and/or acquisitions
- Notify and report to senior management concerning any trends that are critical to the organization’s financial performance
- 8 to 15+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, and/or business administration
- Must have public accounting firm experience and CPA are required
- Strong knowledge of Accounting Standards in Canada, United States, United Kingdom and Australia, and the ability to apply these practically
- Previous experience in a fast-paced, scale-up, global consolidations, private company with international operations highly preferred
- Experience with M&A, and merging financial systems and processes
- Experience working with international subsidiaries, foreign currencies, legal entity tax structures/transfer pricing schemes
- Hands-on experience supporting internal and external audits and SOC2 compliance
- The ability to communicate effortlessly in a cross-functional and multicultural environment
- Flexibility to switch between hands-on operations and strategic thinking
- Results-driven without taking shortcuts: integrity above everything
Axsium is committed to providing accessibility for all persons with disabilities and will upon the request, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. We will consult with applicants to ensure a suitable accommodation is provided. Axsium is an equal opportunity employer.